A true human and technological adventure for nearly 100 year, the SAFT company (part of TOTAL Group) is specialized in the aim of optimizing energy performance on land, at sea, in the air and even beyond, in space.
With 4300 employees and 14 production sites worldwide, SAFT devotes 12% of its turnover in R&D with the ambition of bringing to our society new environmentally friendly solutions able to reduce our global carbon footprint.
Since 2018, SAFT has been leading a European alliance to develop the Solid-state Battery Program (SSBP), aiming to bring a safer, more powerful and with a lower cost generation of batteries. Well underway, this project needs more Mechanical R&D Engineers who are passionate about working on developing the technology of tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an experienced Solid State Battery Innovative Processes R&D Engineer to support
our Solid-State Battery Program in Bordeaux, France (SSBP). In this frame, your main role will be to identify new
processes and materials capable of optimizing the electrochemical composition of Solid-State batteries.
Your main missions will be to:
• Search for new chemical processes to manufacture the electrolyte as well as the electrodes
• Develop the manufacturing process for Solid-State batteries
• Perform benchmarketing to implement these technologies, and assess their reliability
• Test the equipments for working with new materials (mainly sulphides but also polymers and ceramics)
• Maintain partnerships with external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure the operationality of the laboratory
(adaptation of machines to the needs of the team)
• You have a Master or PhD degree in Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or
• You have at least 5 years of experience in research and / or improvement of Solid-State batteries
• You have a good understanding of the chemistry part of the battery, in particular on the use of the materials
necessary for the manufacture of electrodes (induction, mixtures etc.).
• Ideally, you have knowledge of the Dry Process and have practical skills in working around polymers (rubber,
• An experience in the development of Sulphide-Solid State batteries will be highly appreciated.
In addition to your technical skills, you have analytical skills, adaptability to change and to anticipate, as well as a
strong sense of organization. You are inventive, take initiatives, and enjoy working independently while maintaining a
Due to the international environment of the project, travels are to be expected and English proficiency is essential.
Working in a team and in an international environment stimulate you and you are a good communicator?
You would like to use your knowledge while gaining experience in the field of energy storage?
Don't wait any longer, apply!