TOTAL is one of the largest energy companies in the world, with close to 100,000 employees and activities in more than 130 countries. Within the company, TOTAL Renewables is dedicated entirely to the commercial development of alternative energies (Solar PV, wind). TOTAL pursues differentiation through technology as the first step towards building competitive integrated industrial operations in these renewable energies.
The ambition of TOTAL is to become a major actor in the solar industry. The company has been involved in photovoltaic energy research since 1983, and leverages an original networked innovation model in order to develop technologies that will make a real difference in the near or mid-term future. The network includes a number of partnerships with academic labs or third-parties, such as the brand new research institute for solar “Institut PhotoVoltaïque d'Ile-de-France” (IPVF).
In this context, TOTAL is performing reliability tests on PV panels to qualify and benchmark different products and components. Accelerated ageing testing of PV modules and new products is also executed in order to predict the long term outdoor performance. Characterization and testing are performed in a new research lab, including a state-of-the-art PV module qualification platform and a rooftop outdoor test site. TOTAL is looking for an experienced and highly motivated candidate to lead the reliability and product qualification activity.
Mission and responsibilities * Conduct Design of Experiments for module reliability and ageing assessment to qualify and benchmark different solar module technologies.
* Analyze data to evaluate the relative performance of solar components, and provide feedback to project stakeholders.
* Be in charge of operating and maintaining equipments (tasks varying from tool acceptance and qualification, performing experiments, organizing the maintenance, ensuring proper and safe operation of the tool, calibration - when necessary). Support potential future upgrades of some tools. Provide training to users.
* Regularly report results and participate in technical reviews.
* Act as interface with the lab and facility manager to ensure the smooth operation of the characterization and qualification platform in the lab. Ensure the compliance with the HSE regulations of the lab and the Group.
* Support other team members on various activities related to the project.