Référence de l'offre: 14703_68087,
Postes à pourvoir: 1
Type de travail:
Site Internet: Cliquez ici
Lieu BELGIUM - Zaventem
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Research and Development (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, the development and the production
of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements.
TME Powertrain Engine departments' responsibilities are:
• Investigation of new European technologies through detailed technical and performance benchmarking and propose beneficial concepts (with reduced friction, weight, CO2, cost) for application in future vehicle project.
• Local development of Engine parts for Engines built in one of Toyota's European assembly plants. This activity is done in close cooperation with our local suppliers and our mother divisions in Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) in Japan. TMC relies on us to make sure the design is adapted to European customers' expectations and European suppliers' production methods.
• You will contribute to TOYOTA Engine Unit improvement for European market.
• You will challenge future designs for TOYOTA Units to further improve product performance.
• You are a flexible team player with an open/creative mind and hands-on mentality.
As engineer in Engine design department, your main responsibilities will be:
? The successful completion of Engine Unit part development. This is achieved by the following activities:
• During the prototype phase, you will drive the development process of locally-developed parts. Continuously you need your engineering skills to support the suppliers in their development.
You will define the part functional requirement into the technical drawing taking development targets and supplier process requirements into account.
You make sure the development is finished on time and meets all Toyota's requirements.
For parts developed in Japan, you are the liaison between our mother divisions in TMC and other European parties (assembly plants, suppliers).
• During the production-preparation phase, you make sure production parts achieve expected performance levels and solve any remaining issue in cooperation with the manufacturing plant (quality and assembly engineers).
• During each step of the development, you will focus on cost-reduction and remain vigilant that the parts performance is matching European customer's expectations.
? To investigate new European advanced technologies in your responsible area.
In case a promising technology is found, you will set-up a pre-development study.
If successfully concluded, you propose the technology for application in Toyota's future vehicles.
• You have a master degree in Engineering (mechanical, automotive preferably)
• You have a real passion for cars and automotive
• Good knowledge in automotive, power train and turbocharger system is essential
• Experience in Automotive Industry and/or design and evaluation of engine unit parts is an asset
• You must be able to perform technical study & understand and able to make technical s & technical specifications.
• You must be able to conduct basic engineering calculations, (FEM..)
• You must be able to manage job and time, and work in a one to one relationship with diverse TME & TMC (Toyota Motor Corporation Japan) engineers.
• Strong communication and reporting are mandatory as you will liaise with many stakeholders
• You must be able to work closely with supplier and support project management.
• You have a systematic and very accurate way of working
• You are analytical, eager to learn and have proven project management skills to meet the strict deadlines and agreed objectives and to filter priorities
• Strong out-of-box thinking and problemsolving competences
• You are patient and perseverant to carry on long term projects
• You have an open personality with a hands-on mentality able to work independently within a team environment
• Required computer skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• CAD software: Pro-E or CATIA skills is an asset
• You are fluent in English (TME business language). Any other European language is a plus, knowledge of Japanese is an asset
• You have a valid driving license
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Belgium : Technical Centre in Brussels (Zaventem)
Starting date: asap
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an
important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job
development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and
comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
For TME internal applicant, please send an email to the OJP mailbox