Référence de l'offre: 14703_67894,
Postes à pourvoir: 1
Apprentissage / Professionnalisation
Type de travail:
Site Internet: Cliquez ici
Lieu BELGIUM - Zaventem
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
EQ is one of the departments of the "European Projects” division within TME R&D. The division's main responsibility is to lead Vehicle development activities across Toyota Motor Europe. From concept planning through development to mass production, European Projects takes the leading role in Vehicle project management considering and balancing a wide range of challenging aspects such as, Marketability/Product Power, Performance, lead-time, regulation requirement etc…. But also including quality and profit management which are the two main responsibilities of the EQ department in this process. In close cooperation with the Vehicle Project Planning teams, EQ leads cost and quality activities for the vehicle projects and establishes new methodologies and processes across TME, in cooperation with the relevant divisions such as Purchasing, Accounting and Finance, Quality Function among several others.
1. Lead vehicle project cost planning to ensure profitability towards TME's 2020 targets.
• Using project-specific input, establish a cost planning strategy matching R&D's plan with TMC, the European plants and other TME divisions.
• Gather cost situation from each division, verify the data by your engineering/cost skills, calculate the vehicle overall situation and report the result to the project leader.
• Lead the daily cost-reduction activity in R&D by taking strong ownership, give clear instruction, monitoring progress of each division and verify their result.
• Support the project leader to develop profit improvement opportunities.
2. Manage R&D's commodity activities to capture beneficial EU technology into future vehicle project.
• Set up a harmonized R&D commodity strategy, considering each division strategy while aligning with TMC direction and future global vehicle planning.
• Take the practical lead to organize commodity activities like vehicle teardown, motor show investigation and other benchmark activities.
• Monitor the progress of each division activity to make sure the yearly targets are met.
3. Develop new cost-related processes and tools to support R&D's future vision.
• Find opportunities for cost-related process or tool improvement by continuous reflection.
• For agreed items, set up working group with R&D and non-R&D stakeholders.
• Gather each stakeholder need, consolidate into a proposal and make a business case.
• Support tool development at IS and make sure planned implementation time is kept.
• After implementation, proceed PDCA on the new process/tool.
• You have a master degree in automotive, mechanical or electrical engineering.
• You have 5 years experience at a supplier or vehicle manufacturer in the design and project management of complex systems.
• Engineering experience in one technical area is a must.
• You have proven you can lead and motivate a cross-divisional team by taking ownership and giving clear, consistent instructions.
• You have strong problem solving skills to deeply analyze problems in a current development process.
• You have the perseverance to drive through new processes or tools in a complex organisation.
• Knowledge of Excel visual basic and SharePoint is an asset.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language) while other EU languages and Japanese are an asset.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars.
• have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.