Référence de l'offre: 14703_66708,
Postes à pourvoir: 1
Type de travail:
Site Internet: Cliquez ici
Lieu BELGIUM - Zaventem
TOYOTA is one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota's European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
As engineer in Chassis Design 1, your main responsibility will be the successful completion of Chassis parts development. This is achieved by the following activities:
• During the prototype phase, you will drive the development process of locally-developed parts. Continuously you need your engineering skills to support the suppliers in their development. You make sure the development is finished on time and meets all Toyota's requirements. For parts developed in Japan, you are the liaison between our mother divisions in TMC and other European parties (assembly plants, suppliers)
• During the production-preparation phase, the formal design responsibility is handed over to you. You make sure production parts achieve expected performance levels and solve any workability issues in the assembly plants. During each step of the development, you will focus on cost-reduction and remain vigilant that the parts performance is matching European customers' expectations.
• After start of production, you will investigate market issues from design point of view. This will be done in a structured, problem-solving approach to reach a quick and effective resolution with ensuring avoidance of repetition.
Your additional responsibility will be to investigate new European technologies in your responsible area. In case a promising technology is found, you set-up a pre-development study. If successfully concluded, you propose it to TMC for application in a future vehicle.
In this position you will report to the team leader and senior manager of the department.
Education Level required:
Master in (Electro-) Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering. (for Belgium, this is equivalent to Civil or Industrial Engineer).
Experience (indicate number of years & area):
The candidate should have 2 to 5 years relevant experience in the design & development of complex mechanical parts. Preferably but not mandatory, this experience is in the area of vehicle chassis parts (electric power steering, suspension, brakes, tire).
• Extensive mechanical engineering knowledge
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Project management competence
• Cost and quality conscious mind
• Good knowledge of the general vehicle design
• Competence with windows tools: MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word
Behavioural Skills / Key Competencies
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
• Adaptability I flexibility to work with other cultures
• Teamworker & -player
• Pro-active and persistent
• Engineering curiosity
• Having the passion to work in the automotive industry
Other Skills (Languages, IT, ... )
• Fluent in English
• Japanese, German and French are an asset (in reducing order of importance).